Monday, November 21, 2005

Sabre Teef

A few of my friends are getting their wisdom teeth out during Christmas break.

Mine were extracted this summer. I was told horror stories. The pain, the agony, the blood, the gauze, ice. Not to mention stitches.

The icing on the cake was a video they showed me during the "evaluation appointment". Imagine a doctor, with jaws like a saber tooth tiger, outlining side effects of the operation: "Including but not limited to nausea, hiccupping, lock jaw, and mild death".

I was apprehensive and shaken. I wasn't comforted either when the doc comes in and talks casually about last night's popular reality show.

Let me tell you. The entire experience was enjoyable and painless. In one moment I'm sitting in the chair, in the next I'm giggling and sipping a vanilla milk shake. I go home, recline in bed and drift off, a happy subject to the miracles of anethesia.

It was a great time. Absolutely fantastic. Except there was the 3 hour spell of hiccups. I threw a temper-tantrum.

Rest easy, 'cause the euthanasia, I mean, the anethesia fairy is coming to visit. Enjoy the ride.

3 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you go to your class this afternoon?

I remember that day much more clearly than you. Milk shake dripping down you chin as you beamed and told me how much you loved that shake...over and over again. There's more, wanna hear it?
Love,
Mom

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank god ive never had a single tooth pulled...i would pee my pants, i would be so scared!

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sitting down, waking up later numb in the mouth and having not one single memory of the pull (I've had it done twice now, once for each side)was ok. Being up all night after because of all the blood seeping into my mouth and dripping down my throat, I could have done without.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home