Saturday, November 12, 2005

Vroom

It's now that time in the show where we talk about my truck.

I have a 1989 Nissan truck, 2 door, manual. No handle for passenger door. Gas gauge? Nope. Power Steering? Nope. Radio? Nope. How many speeds for your wipers? Two.

I discovered another little glitch today.

I'm driving North on I-95, minding my own business. There is a heap of dirty laundry in the passenger seat, and my trusty laptop is attempting to blare tunes over the whine of a V4 attempting highway speed. I'm headed home for the weekend.

It's approxiamately 8:00pm. I'm in the right lane, cruising along, and spilling scalding Cinnabon coffee on my crotch. I look in my rear view, and see a car right on my ass. So I, being a gentleman, pulled into the left lane to allow this person to pass.

This person followed me into the left lane, and for a few moments I remember thinking, "Ooh a friend."

Blues.

Siren.

My friend pulls me over, and decides that he'd like to see my license and registration. He informs me that I was traveling at 85 mph- thats miles per hour for my Canadian readers.

Well I just happened to be checking my speedometer, and according to that instrument, I was traveling at 70. Well I found out the hard way that the needle gets STUCK ON 70.

But here's what I love. As I'm explaining to him the joys of driving a shitty vehicle, he gets a call on his radio.

"10-83, possibly heading towards your position. Please respond."

And in the next moment, my friend was gone.

I love my truck.

11 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOH WHAT IS IT...LOOK AT MY GAUGES...I'VE GOT STEEL RIMS...WWW.MONSTERTRUCKWEEKEND.COM...


Do you like aquarium's that are not only 3-D but also use realtime bubble effects? If so, visit www.fishintheglass.com

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A 10-83 is either a traffic violation or a motor vehicle accident, I don't really remember. Probably just antother speeder.

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please keep it under 70. We want to see you again.
Love,
Mom and Dad

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What amazes me is that your truck is capable of reaching speeds of 85 mph! how is that possible? and you were just "cruising along" like that's a leisurely pace! amazing...
-rachael



there I posted a comment are you happy now?

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont forget all the other shit wrong with it

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you're blogs are hilarios! i got ur name from a friend, im so glad i did! i cant wait 4 ur next post!

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need another fix. Keep writing!

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should get into blogs like pinkisthenewblog.com and perezhilton.com . celebrity gossip blogs are all the rage these days. infact, you should convert this one to a celebrity gossip blog. you'd get zillions of hits and a lot of respect from me, which is awesome.
- catie

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dave Swift

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dave Swift

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still don't think that truck can compete with the original red truck.... i mean c'mon, the door swung open on left turns and dropped half an inch, and it took more oil than gas. Or with the impala for that matter.... consider the time we couldnt stop, for fear of not starting again. Basically david, you're fated to have a crappy car. deal.

doublet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home